We celebrated the 100th day last week, so I thought I would share two activities we did. We actually had more going on, but I have just been so lazy with my camera. I’ll have to do better next year! Well, we did make towers out of 100 cups. I do have a picture here to show you.
Ok, so first we did the AgingBooth writing prompt that I first heard about from Jennifer at Runde’s Room. If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s an app that ages your photo and makes you look really old!
I wish I could show you my students’ pictures! They were hilarious!
So, here’s how we did this activity:
5) I inserted the students pics onto the frames and then printed out the templates.
6) During this process, students worked on their rough drafts. They thought about the following questions:
- How have you changed physically?
- How many children, grandchildren, etc. do you have?
- What did you accomplish in 100 years?
- Where do you live?
- How has the world changed?
- What new technology is around?
- What are you doing now?
7) After revising, the students copied their writings onto the templates and then mounted them onto construction paper.